• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter acting weird!

Jillbeans

This rats-n-fratzen 4E must have become satanically posessed over the weekend.
I have a job which is to be installed tomorrow.
When I go to cut, the plotter acts OK for a few seconds, then I can hear a slight hitch in the belt and a different tone in the normal sound of it.
Then the cutter part goes off the cut line altogether.
For example, it will cut the first top radius of an oval, make that sound, then go to the left in a straight line, then back upon that cut, then start cutting the bottom radius of the oval.
The theta belt is not old.

The cat has now been locked in the bathroom, she grabbed the punched edge of the backer paper when the damn plotter was actually cutting OK for a few seconds, and almost had her paw go through the pinch roller.

I just don't want to waste any more material than I already have so far today! Any ideas?
(besides buying a new plotter)
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

mamos

Is it just doing it with this design or is it doing it with any cut file.

Did the cat actually stop the media from going into the machine

Do you want a hug

mamos

Marlene

did you make sure that the object that you are cutting isn't bigger than it should be? I haven't run a one of those old guys for many moons, but my plotter does that if I try to cut some thing that is just over the max height limit.

Jillbeans

It did do it with the first two files I sent. One was at 13.25" which is pretty big, so I turned off the weed outline thing. But it still did that weird thing.
Believe it or not I think the damn cat solved my problem!!!
I think it was because I am using a brand-new roll of media, which may have been too tightly rolled on its core. When it yanked the cat back I think it loosened itself. I've rolled off a bit of extra at the feeder end.
Love....Jill
PS Mamos, I would take a hug from you any day!

mamos

I wonder if you could train a cat to do the weeding?

Their claws would be pur-fect

mamos

Jillbeans

Like this?
Damn cat would rather lay around or generally get in the way.

Attachments

• dotweed.jpg
    dotweed.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 72
  • dotstretch.jpg
    dotstretch.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 78
  • dottie.jpg
    dottie.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 71

mamos

We have a new helper in the workshop as well

Please welcome Woody

mamos

Attachments

• puppy 8 weeks.jpg
    puppy 8 weeks.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 65

Marlene

you both have some very cute little helpers. I leave my three at home but they help (?) out around the house.

Jillbeans

Woody looke like more fun than Dottie!
Here's our Sukey. At least she doesn't mess with my plotter.
She does love to chew those little end cap things which come on Oracal rolls!

Attachments

• suk3.jpg
    suk3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 69