• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

plotter blades

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
I would agree with purchasing new but if you are determined maybe a local sharpening service. Locally there is a company here that makes rounds at all the lumber yards, millwork shops etc..

They are able to sharpen very fine items and usually very inexpensively. It might be worth a try to throw 5 bucks at it and see what happens.

Go to a local lumber place and inquire or google it to see if you have any locals.

I'd be interested to hear the results.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
Ditto on Clean Cut Blades. Not just great blades, awsome service. Ross will go out of his way to help you out with questions,problems, ect.:thumb:

signmeup

I would agree with purchasing new but if you are determined maybe a local sharpening service. Locally there is a company here that makes rounds at all the lumber yards, millwork shops etc..

They are able to sharpen very fine items and usually very inexpensively. It might be worth a try to throw 5 bucks at it and see what happens.

Go to a local lumber place and inquire or google it to see if you have any locals.

I'd be interested to hear the results.
Geez... I only pay 6 bucks for a new blade for my plotter. Try running your dull blade against a buffing wheel to sharpen it. If it takes more than that, toss it for a new one.

Oooo.... correction... I just checked and they're on special. 5 for 11 bucks!

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
5 for 11? Sounds like I NEED to go shopping around. I am paying considerably more than that. I never really questioned the blade costs. Also by my nature I never buy the cheapest blades I can find. Maybe thats wrong but in other equipment cheap blades usually mean poor performance.

signmeup

5 for 11? Sounds like I NEED to go shopping around. I am paying considerably more than that. I never really questioned the blade costs. Also by my nature I never buy the cheapest blades I can find. Maybe thats wrong but in other equipment cheap blades usually mean poor performance.
I have bought my blades from Desay/Master Warehouse for as long as I've had my plotter. I've never used any other brand of blade so I have no idea how they compare to others but they work fine for me. If you get them from their ebay store they cost less.