Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plotter blades

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by hatmanok, Apr 27, 2011.

1. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Does anyone use resharpened plotter blades, and if so where do you get them from?

Tags:
  2. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    why bother?
    call ross at clean cut blades!

3. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    +1

Clean cut is pretty much the only way to go.

4. MikeSTK

MikeSTK Dawns Vinyl Designs

Feb 23, 2011
    Weatherly, Pa
    I would agree with purchasing new but if you are determined maybe a local sharpening service. Locally there is a company here that makes rounds at all the lumber yards, millwork shops etc..

They are able to sharpen very fine items and usually very inexpensively. It might be worth a try to throw 5 bucks at it and see what happens.

Go to a local lumber place and inquire or google it to see if you have any locals.

I'd be interested to hear the results.

5. Phil Swanson

Phil Swanson Premium Subscriber

Feb 27, 2006
    Adirondacks
    Ditto on Clean Cut Blades. Not just great blades, awsome service. Ross will go out of his way to help you out with questions,problems, ect.:thumb:

6. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Geez... I only pay 6 bucks for a new blade for my plotter. Try running your dull blade against a buffing wheel to sharpen it. If it takes more than that, toss it for a new one.

Oooo.... correction... I just checked and they're on special. 5 for 11 bucks!

7. MikeSTK

MikeSTK Dawns Vinyl Designs

Feb 23, 2011
    Weatherly, Pa
    5 for 11? Sounds like I NEED to go shopping around. I am paying considerably more than that. I never really questioned the blade costs. Also by my nature I never buy the cheapest blades I can find. Maybe thats wrong but in other equipment cheap blades usually mean poor performance.

8. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I have bought my blades from Desay/Master Warehouse for as long as I've had my plotter. I've never used any other brand of blade so I have no idea how they compare to others but they work fine for me. If you get them from their ebay store they cost less.