• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Cut settings for .25 type

Im wondering what users are finding to be the best cut settings for cutting 1/4" type (helvetica). Cutting avery 6 yr vinyl.

ie. speed, acceleration, sharp corners?

I having issues with my Plotter and need to have some direction.

Thanks in advance

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One of the best things you can do is to set the job to use Sequence Plot in GSPPlot before you send the job to the plotter. The keyboard shortcut is Shift +F4. This will result in the inside shapes of your letters to cut before the outside shapes eliminating the tendency to pull up the vinyl instead of cutting it.

Other than that, a new blade at the lightest weight that still cuts is my only other suggestion.

cut settings

Hey thanks. I didnt know about the sequence plot settings and will enable that!!

I did find a answer. I needed to change the condition settings in the interface of the plotter. I have to say Gerber tech manuals aren't the easiest to understand, and it took a long while to experiment and "get it"

Totally appreciate your insights!

J