• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PLotter Cutting Over Text On Top Of Each Other.

PiizzLe

Okay I'm back.

So I'm testing some things out and I tried to do the SD sign with the letters on top of each other (image sample below). Like the title says it is cutting into the other letter so when it is applied it breaks or I just dont want it to look like it is cut.

I'm sure this is very easy but I am nowhere near familiar with Illustrator. Can someone help me please?

Attachments

3.4 KB · Views: 113

phototec

After you have the two different letters (shapes) over lapping and you don't want the bisecting lines to cut, you need to use the PATHFINDER tool to combine the separate shapes into one path. You can change your view to OUTLINE, and you will see the bisecting lines lines.

As Confucius once said, one picture is worth a 1000 words, so instead of me try to explain to you how to do this, here is a YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onID4bCH-oU

:thumb:

PiizzLe

You my good man are a heaven sent.

I am very much familiar with the power of the Google machine and youtube but I didn't know what I was searching.

I figured I would start here and I figured correct good sir!

Thank you!

phototec

Yes sir, Google is you friend.

There are 1,000 of videos on Google showing everything you might want to learn.

My ABS went out on my Dodge Ram Hemi, and the dealer wanted over $1000 to repair.

I searched Google and found step by step photos on how to take it apart, de-solder the relay and transistor, which cost $5, after soldering the new components to the circuit board, I reinstalled the ABS unit back in the truck, and I have a repaired ABS system for less than $10 (solder and other materials), and about 4 hours of my time.

I just love Google, on there several times a day...

Glad I could help.

:thumb: