• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Cutting Small Letters Question

joeutut

I have a Summa D60U Plotter. Is there any way to get it to do a better job of cutting small letters? It seems to not cut completely and leave just enough to be difficult when weeding small stuff. Larger graphics can handle it and break away pretty well. I have changed the blade but it still does it. For vinyl I usually use Avery A6 but It still does it on Oracle.
Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Replicator

These are only suggestions, and while they might work for some people, your situation may be very different . . .

Slow the speed a little, raise the force a tiny bit and change the blade to a steeper angled blade : example (from 60 deg blade to 90 deg blade)

Hope that helps !

jscarl

My Summa d10 pro cuts down to 3/8" but my eyes stop at 1//2 " . I use the standard 36 degree blade. Have been told to place the vinyl in the frig for a short time. I have not tried that yet. Stay with the Oracal. Throw the arlon.

grafxxx

i will some times make a box around the text cut it then transfer it, then peel back the paper and weed it off the transfer paper pending on the size and font of the letters. i will do this on text under .25

joeutut

My usual blade is a 45 degree but will try a 60. I also make a box around small text but did not think to just apply it then weed.
Great suggestions.