• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter does not cut straight!! SOS!

Designerk

My Work has a Qe60+ and it recently stopped cutting straight. 90 degree angles on letters such as an "H" are curved, and look very unappealing. I replaced the blade, replaced the teflon strip, cleaned it, even started over and reset everything. It still will not cut right! I inserted a marker and used it that way, and the letters come out fine. WHAT in the world IS the problem?!

chasegraphics

My Work has a Qe60+ and it recently stopped cutting straight. 90 degree angles on letters such as an "H" are curved, and look very unappealing. I replaced the blade, replaced the teflon strip, cleaned it, even started over and reset everything. It still will not cut right! I inserted a marker and used it that way, and the letters come out fine. WHAT in the world IS the problem?!

Does this plotter have a seperate holder for the pen and one for the cutter? Some plotters have a place for the pen and a place for the knife. You might be putting the knife in the pen holder, the knife should go in the holder closest to the arm or the one furthest back. Hope this helps...

einsteingraphic

Make sure you have the correct pen selected in your conditions. Then set the offset. If that does not work try looking at your blade holder. I have seen some lose bearings. Good luck.

Scott