• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions PLOTTER FOR HP LATEX 365

Kemraj

Good day everyone, I have a Hp latex 365 and I would like to know what can I use to plot stickers and labels?

Can I get a few recommendations, I searched everywhere but nothing shows up except the graptec. Looks for some cost effective equipment if possible.

Bly

Summa are best. I believe Graphtec are also fine but we haven't owned one for years.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
PLEASE NOTE:
(1) This offer is NOT compatible with Apple/Mac computers
(2) This cutter does NOT contour cut*

They might work for simple vinyl cutting but it will not contour cut your prints.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Mimaki SR3 24" is about $1500 and will contour cut straight out of Illustrator or Corel. They have bigger sizes available but Mimaki is a good brand for cutters for decades now. Graphtecs are fine as well but I prefer the Mimaki.

depps74

SUMMA = SHIT not many people on here will agree, but my Summa was crap, could not even cut a clean circle. Its the most expensive plotter on the market too. Also SUMMA is located in WA so customer service is west coast time, and not very good. Most times I would get a kid.

Graphtec all the way!!! , CHEAPER, BETTER, and graphtec works on PC and MACS. Robust multple outlets for customer service. Grpahtec and dealership. Also Graphtec just looks better, summa is all fat ass round and jellybean like. Graphtec is boxy and way more space efficient.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
SUMMA = **** not many people on here will agree, but my Summa was crap, could not even cut a clean circle. Its the most expensive plotter on the market too. Also SUMMA is located in WA so customer service is west coast time, and not very good. Most times I would get a kid.

Graphtec all the way!!! , CHEAPER, BETTER, and graphtec works on PC and MACS. Robust multple outlets for customer service. Grpahtec and dealership. Also Graphtec just looks better, summa is all fat *** round and jellybean like. Graphtec is boxy and way more space efficient.

I have a Graphtec and like it but never stopped to admire it's shape......
Some people prefer curvy-er 'equipment'.

particleman

SUMMA = **** not many people on here will agree, but my Summa was crap, could not even cut a clean circle. Its the most expensive plotter on the market too. Also SUMMA is located in WA so customer service is west coast time, and not very good. Most times I would get a kid.

Graphtec all the way!!! , CHEAPER, BETTER, and graphtec works on PC and MACS. Robust multple outlets for customer service. Grpahtec and dealership. Also Graphtec just looks better, summa is all fat *** round and jellybean like. Graphtec is boxy and way more space efficient.

So you had a broken Summa?

C

ColoPrinthead

If you plan on using it with Onyx you need to check with them (Onyx) that it will work before you buy, I have been converting over to Onyx and found that my print cuts are off by 0.4375" on the leading edge due to issues they are having with Summas. I can compensate in the file setup, but it is quite annoying when I have hundreds of files I will have to revisit if they don't get it resolved soon, or if I don't buy a new wider cutter that is not a Summa.

I work with an S120 D series and it seems fine, nothing special or anything better than any Graphtec I have used in the past.

particleman

If you plan on using it with Onyx you need to check with them (Onyx) that it will work before you buy, I have been converting over to Onyx and found that my print cuts are off by 0.4375" on the leading edge due to issues they are having with Summas. I can compensate in the file setup, but it is quite annoying when I have hundreds of files I will have to revisit if they don't get it resolved soon, or if I don't buy a new wider cutter that is not a Summa.

I work with an S120 D series and it seems fine, nothing special or anything better than any Graphtec I have used in the past.

I think you'll find if you use summas software to add cut marks and plot it will work perfectly. Onyx consistently cannot get print and cut support right this has been the case for 10 years now in my opinion. I know of multiple shops myself included that cannot get it to work reliably for any plotter.

C

ColoPrinthead

I think you'll find if you use summas software to add cut marks and plot it will work perfectly. Onyx consistently cannot get print and cut support right this has been the case for 10 years now in my opinion. I know of multiple shops myself included that cannot get it to work reliably for any plotter.
That might be something worth looking into, but it still leaves me with hundreds of files that would have to have them added and force manual imposition. I have never had any issues with print cut working with Onyx and Graphtecs.

depps74

So you had a broken Summa?
yes not just broken, completely defective. Replaced everything and it still could not cut a cricle or fonts without notches. Then got a nice $1800 restocking fee and ship charge to return it. Summa people claimed it was the material. The material! Oracal 631. Told this to Oracal people at a convention and they laughed. Summa is the absolute worst company to work with unless you get a good Summa, and then they are aparently awesome. Just keep in mind this company restocked a defective cutter from my return. let that sink in.....