• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter for my Epson GS6000

baxter gamble

I've had my Epson GS600 for nearly a year and really like it. We have a Graphtec plotter that I can not say the same thing about. Actually it is the 2nd Graphtec plotter. Had to send the 1st one back because it didn't cut properly. Well after a year I'm really tired of the Graphtec problems with print/cut registration, can't find reg marks, cut are out of alignment with the print etc etc. We have tried Corel 11, X5, the Onyx and Colorburst rip and Cutting Master. Waht about cutting from Illustrator, does that make any difference? Lots of calls to the seller and to the Graphtec tech guys. No real fix, it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. No rhyme or reason why or when it works.

I think I want, acutally need a new plotter. What are you using with your Epson GS 6000?

Letterbox Mike

Been there, done that with Graphtec...

Been running our Summa S160D for about 4 years now with zero problems. print-to-cut out of Onyx has always been perfect and smooth for us as well, we're on X10 now, but we've been using it since v6 without any problems. I highly recommend the combination, and it works great with our GS6000.

Graphics2u

I don't have the GS6000, but as far as a plotter to contour cut with I don't think you can find an easier one to use than what I've had for the last 5 years, Mutoh Ultima SC1400D. I think it has been upgraded and now called a Kona 1400 now. Awesome registration alignment system. Uses a built in laser to align itself to a registration box printed around the contour area. It will consistantly cut a -0.02" contour around a print nearly perfectly.

I think there is also a 64" model for your size printer if you need that.

I will say while it works great on countour cuts and registration, I wish it was a little better at small lettering like 1\2" or less. I had another cutter that I used for stuff like that and it was great but it bit the dust and this one just doesn't seem to be the same.

ColesCreations

We've used a SummaSign T1600 pro for the last year with no issues, along our Epson GS6000. Before that, we had a Summa T-140, which also was excellent, but traded it for the wider and newer T1600, but have never actually needed the extra width, we're now using a Summa S-140D, first time trying drag-knife, which is not impressive, but quite OK. The Summa OPOS system is great, hardly ever any problems, even cutting along narrow contours.

We are now stuck with 2 Summa cutters (and an old Mimaki GC-121) after byiung some equipment from a competitor going out of business, just need one, so the others are for sale. (not selling both the Summa's though).

parrott

Running the GS-6000 and Graphtec plotter as well. We share the same frustrations mentioned, but are still trying to work with it. We have made several calls and even had a graphtec techinician come to our facility, but diagnosed it as user error. I am not convinced that it is user error but that the machine is sub-par.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Summa S Class Cutter

Hello Baxter,

I just sent you a PM with additional information about the Summa S Class D Series cutter. Please let me know if you have any additional questions about our equipment.

Best Regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

Bill Modzel

Gees, I cut 200 feet of 3 x3.5" decals on 30" x 32" print sheets on my Graphtec FC7000-100 last week without a hitch. That's about a roll and a third of Oracal 3164. I set up the sheet in Illy and run them in groups of 5 sheets from my RIp with Cutting Master corner registration marks.

I can usually get the stock perfect enough to plot the whole roll, 5 at a time, without having to re-register the roll. I absolutely love my Graphtec. Got my first 24' back in 89, upgraded about 6 years ago and than got the 7000 when I needed the arms.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I share your frustration with this setup. Also running GS6000 & Graphtec (no-reg-mark-findin) plotter. I gave up on it & register it manually now; PITA. Even then after a couple plots I have to re-register & fix feed before continuing. Support also sucks through our supplier; quoted me $500+ just to come check it out!

D&Tgraphics

Which Graphtec model is giving you the issues? I was having the same problems with my ce5000 model and just recently upgraded to the 8000 series and WOW what a difference. It's a great machine and is dead nuts on all my cuts now.