• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter for sandblasting ( rubber) stencils

hi,

i´d like to know more about cutting plotters for rubber stencils for sandblasting ( wood -stone )

we´ve summa d60, but it seems pretty week to cut such a thick vinyl foil as rubber mask ( correct me, if i´m wrong:)

what about this a small hobby one for the start? :) http://www.uscutter.com/Silhouette-Cameo

i´d be grateful for any tips.

thanks!

Last edited:

FrankW

If you think your SummaCUT D60 is to weak to plot this media, you will never ever be happy with a toy like the Cameo.

Billct2

A used Gerber is your best bet. Just be sure you have the right computer & program to drive it.

thank you guys for tips and a short presentation of your proud machines:)

what is your favorite material for sandblasting wood and stone? ( rubber vinyl+ blasting media )

do not hesitate to share your opinion , pics or experience of your golden hands:)

i think, sandblasting is a very cool technique to achieve very amazing effects!

thanks

sanblasting.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We don't do near as much as we used to, but we used the #117 for wood and I think it was #116 or some other 1-teen something for stone.

We did tons of redwood over the years. We were turning out 5' x 20' signs almost once every other week back in the 80's and 90's. We had a few accounts where it was mandatory to have this kind of sign. We also did a lot of marble and granite.

Mosh

We should all start really pushing them onto customers....It could be like going back in time...I could even grow my mullet back out.....

allureoh

FOR SALE 30" HS Gerber Plotter works great especially with sandblast mask.

I have gone to a 60" plotter and would like to sell my 30" High Speed Gerber plotter. It works great especially with sandblast mask. Comes with Omega Composer 3.0 software for at least 2 computers (have 3 may need one for old files).

d fleming

I've been doing some sand blasted 12" granite tiles lately. Nothing fancy, just names on memorials. Believe it or not, I have been using a double layer of calendered vinyl. The sandblast mask is like killing a mosquito with an ax for the depth I need (not much) just to etch names.