Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plotter knife/blade holder for router ?

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by Ian Stewart-Koster, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    HI all, our router used to have a knife & pen holder. That's long since been lost by a former owner.
    I'm keen to get a plotter blade holder going again for it, for plotting big signs through the coversheet of dibond etc. (the router has a 2.0 x 3.6 metre bed)

The old one used to have some kind of weights system for altering the blade pressure. The holder attached beside the actual router- with a 3" x axis offset.

It was an Esab signmate 1000, later rebuilt with Tekcel drives & controllers on all three axes.

Does anyone have a plotterblade holder they could post pictures of (&/or measurements of) so I can see what it was like?

I have a spare Roland Camm1 blade holder I was planning to adapt.It's the pressure adjustment I'm unsure about.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    ...anyone?