Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plotter needed to cut magnetic sheeting

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by technowolf, Aug 4, 2006.

1. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Hi guys, I got a big contract I would like to do.
    what kind of plotter do I need to cut magnetic sheeting ...... i need to cut lots of letters and numbers ???

thanks for help

Alex

Tags:
  2. Heinzen Sign

Heinzen Sign Member

Jun 21, 2006
    cutter

Depends on thickness of magnetic material. I use my Mimaki CG130 to cut up to 30 mil. I adjust the blade depth for thickness so it just cuts halfway through the material and then I have to "punch" the magnets out. It is pretty easy. If you have a lot of magnets, you will go through the blades pretty fast. Make sure your quote includes the cost of the blades.

3. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    You cannot cut the material. You will only need to score it. The white vinyl on top of the magent material IS what is keeping it together. Cut a small piece with an xacto, and do not go all the way through the magnet - you will see what it is like.

4. technowolf

technowolf Member

Mar 1, 2006
    ok thanks il try it

5. gerald

gerald Member

Mar 20, 2006
    I use my Gerber plotter to cut magnetic material. It's the model that comes with the Edge. It has a special setting for it.

6. Kenny

Kenny Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Texas