• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

plotter problems

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this issue? I have a Roland camm1 pro GX500. Yes, It was built in 2007. I just had it reworked and overhauled and it cuts well except for these spots that I circled on the photo attached. Mind you, this is magnified so it's pretty small, but still noticable to me. View attachment plotter cuts.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Double check that your offset setting for the blade is correct. It should be on the packaging for the blade itself.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Looks like the blade holder is either loose, or pretty worn out. At least that's what the graphtec looks like when its either a loose/worn holder, or the plotter is set for the wrong blade, don't know that Rolands have that setting.
Ill have to check that out. the blade holder is new. but i need to make sure its securely tightened

karst41

Ill have to check that out. the blade holder is new. but i need to make sure its securely tightened
May times I have cut a 6f run of 2" letters and was like WTBFnH! Always the 15 blade was not changed to the O9u. Love those Homer Simpson moments,,, Not! but yeah the cut is all over the place. I hope that is the issue you are having. Usually with an old blade you get inconsistant cut depth and the points; corners, serifs etc start lifting.

Sumon Sarker

You need to change the Cutting Guard Strip .Make sure buy the right size, You can buy it from eBay .

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 67