• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Problems

Red Baron

I have a JV33-160 and a CG160FX plotter. I have had this equipment for less than a year. I have not had to make any stickers or do contour cutting as of yet. My current jobs are banners printed direct to banner media.
Recently, I printed some lettering to be placed on a vehicle. The print turned out fine, but when I went to plot it seemed to be plotting on a much larger scale. The plotter was plotting for approx. 10" letters and I had only printed 4" lettering. It literally was going off of the media. I have tried repeatedly to get straight answers on how to resolve this problem and have had no luck. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Red Baron

I am currently using Adobe CS3 and Fine Cut 7. I have put the cut lines in with Adobe and reg. marks. I used all the standard steps with layering. The print come through perfect, but the plot is much larger than the print on the media. Any ideas?

Red Baron

All reg. marks are being detected. That's where I'm confused. If they are being detected, then the program should automatically know the size of the area.