• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Question Skewed..

Sorry this is probably plotter 101 stuff but what is causing my contour cuts to be off by 1/16 or less. I've been getting by with either fattening the letters or cutting slightly inside of them but this is ridiculous.

What command or keyword should I search for?

Edit: Its a graphtec fc-8000

Attachments

• IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 140

x2chris7x

I doubt you will ever get it to cut exactly 100% where you want it to... We always extend the color out about an 1/8" past the cut line.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Condition of ...

• Blade and blade holder?
  • Cutting strip?
  • Friction wheels?

Have you considered designing with bleeds?

Jburns

try changing your crop marks Type 1 to 2 or vice versus. Section 5-2 of manual.

have you tried also the reg. mark offset adjustment procedure?- you use an inkpen attachment

Bretbyron

My cutter is exactly .04" off to the left, So I move my cut lines exactly .04" to the right and it's dead on. I'm sure there is a fix in the settings, but Ain't nobody got time for dat!:wink:

Set up a few circles or squares with the cut lines shifted .01" on each and find out how far it is off. Then adjust your cut lines accordingly until you can find the setting to adjust.

Jburns

Here is the adjustment procedure- with sheet for pen test. this is for an FC700- but the menus should be similar.

Attachments

• Adjusting RM Sensor Offset (method 1) FC7000.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
Thanks Everyone...Unfortunately I've lost the pen...one of those things you never use that gets put in a box and disappears forever. Will try just shifting the lines.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
That's why I use manual bomb sight alignment. perfect about 99% of the time, even on really small stuff.

-SOLVED-

Thanks again everyone...I got into the Cutting plotter controller program that came with it and went into ARMS and changed Sensor offset adjustment and changed the X and Y offset by a few tenths of a millimeter.

Cuts perfect now.

Andy D

My contour cut prints look like big blobs of color prior to the actual contour cutting, It makes life much easier:

attachment.php

Attachments

• counter cut.jpg
    counter cut.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 159