• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Question

neato

I just bought a Roland PNC 1100. It came with no power cord. Can I just use any universal power cord in these? I want to make sure before I plug this in, I don't want ot do anything to fry it. :) I'm not the electronics expert some of you are...

Cadmn

phillip Congrats on your purchase I think OPhas several of those 1100's & swears by them but of course OP will swear by about anything LOLgive him some time & mention Flamey LOL:)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Maybe the slowest and loudest plotter in the world, but built like a tank. It will serve you well....

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
You can also use any parallel:centronics printer:Lport cable, but if you wanted to use the serial cable port, you need a Roland serial cable. I used to have the pin layout of one- it's not the normal straight through setup.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You can also use any parallel:centronics printer:Lport cable, but if you wanted to use the serial cable port, you need a Roland serial cable. I used to have the pin layout of one- it's not the normal straight through setup.

It's across-over cable, just swap send and receive at one end. Pins 2 and 3 if memory serves.

OldPaint

Maybe the slowest and loudest plotter in the world, but built like a tank. It will serve you well....
NOOOOOOOOOO the PNC-1000 IS NOISIER!!!!HAHAHAHA
but they are one of the best. faster cutting then the 1000, more down force available.....and was top of the line CAMM PRO built. it was followed by the PNC-960, 950....

neato

Now if only I could figure out how to stop it from rotating my graphic 90 degrees when I cut.