• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter/Sign Cutting Software help needed Sydney, Australia

Signie

G'day, new here but looking for some help with getting our Roland plotter (GX-500) to plot from our software (Sign Wizard 6.5). Spoken to several companies on the phone and so far nobody has been able to help. We had a computer crash last week and Windows had to be reinstalled, our regular service guys that sold us the plotter and initially set it up are unavailable to help. It's running through a standard plotter serial cable and has a converter to connect it to the PC through a 42 pin connector. I don't know much about this setup but it has been working fine for 3 years, just not sure how to get the settings right again.

Not sure what other info to put up but we're looking for someone to help us pretty urgently - over the phone would be good or even coming out to the workshop. Any info at all appreciated.

Cheers,
Lu

Bly

Is that a serial to usb converter?
If so look in device manager and make sure it's showing up there as a Com port.
You may have to find and install the right driver.