• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter stops in middle of cut?

GoodPeopleFlags

I printed some vector files and when I put them on the plotter, it will cut a little bit then stop and start beeping like crazy! Any idea why? The files aren't elaborate at all. They're vector files. I've never had this problem ever before. I shut everything down and rebooted. I turned the plotter off and back on.

One file had some crazy, purposely jagged text but the logo part was just a circle. After the problem happened again, I told it not to cut the letters, just the circle (which is paneled) and it did fine. I tried the same trick on the more important file that needs to be cut TODAY. I told it not to cut the Dodge Ram logo - just the regular ol' text and although it did cut more of the letters than before, it still stopped and beeped.

Any idea?

Here's another bit of info. I had to cut some contour lines around some images earlier and didn't have a bit of problem. Those files were big and the contour line fairly jagged.

ACK! I need these cut in the morning at the latest! Please help! Thanks!

GoodPeopleFlags

Ok. I got the stuff that I need in the morning done. I had to tell it not to cut half of the stuff and it cut the other half fine. Then I just reversed what would be cut and sent it through again. That's fine for now but wth? I can't keep doing it like that. I've been away for a couple of days so I'm thinking someone did something to it but everyone is denying it! :)

GoodPeopleFlags

Update: Today I printed 6 decals, 12" x 12", square cut around them. The plotter was cutting the last one and stopped and started beeping like crazy again. Anyone have any thoughts?

Marlene

what kind of plotter? what software running it? I have a HS15 Plus Gerber plotter tht likes to have the setting for speed lowered or it goes off like that. some times static builds up and it does that. some times the graphic is past the cut area and it will do that. some times there's something that you can't see in the file that messes things up.