• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter stretching graphics

ngoepp

When a file is sent to my 48" No Name plotter from Flexi the outcome is a gradual "stretching" of the graphic. It's not enough to be obvious right off the bat, but when we go to match up multiple lines of text it doesn't line up (with text cut on another plotter that is cutting correctly). In the end, it is consistently adding length but not width. The characters also get a little wider the further it gets into the graphic. Example: I ran 8 - 5.5" x 36" nested panels with one line of text and a 1/8" border - cut with 30" 3M HP vinyl. It ends up adding about 1/2" to the length of each panel rather than increasingly over the whole run. The roll weight is not causing this.

Anybody familiar with this?

J Hill Designs

thought that, but if it consistently added it to every panel (not slowly getting worse over the length of the full plot) it seems like a compensation issue

ngoepp

Fixed it! I think. There's a setting called "Cutting Quality". I'd set it on "Small Letter" setting to improve a problem I had with barbed letters. It hasn't done the same thing since I switched it back to normal. Thanks for your assistance.