Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help plotter test plots

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Geneva Olson, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    So, I have a pretty old plotter. A Roland Camm-1 Pro. (GX500). I've had it for a couple of years now. I bought it used. I've been told these things just don't die. I've been able to figure out pretty much everything on it...except this:
    SOMETIMES the test plot cuts with weird curves. I don't really understand why it does it. And I don't want it to do it on my regular plotting.

I have some issues that I kind of don't know how to fix like not cutting all the way around. Sometimes it will miss a part completely to cut. I've changed downforces and speed and made sure it was within the pinch rollers and none of it seems to really change it.

So, can anyone help me with some of these issues?

I'm attaching a photo of what the test plot looks like. SOMETIMES the test plot is spot on and it cuts nice even lines. Other times, it cuts like the attached photo.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    That happens when the offset setting is incorrect. The offset is the distance between the center of the blade shaft and the tip of the blade. So if you change to a blade that is a different angle without changing the offset, it will do stuff like this. It also happens when the blade tip breaks or wears down as that will change the offset. When you buy your blades, it should say the offset value on the package.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    You might need a new blade holder as well if it has never or lately been replace.

4. Geneva Olson

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    I have been changing the offset. It was set to .25. But my sales rep had told me to set it differently. See what happens when I listen to my sales rep?

5. Geneva Olson

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    I just replaced the blade holder. I have two new ones.

6. kheebl

kheebl Member

Mar 7, 2014
    MPLS, MN
    if your using a 45 degree blade it should be .25mm

7. jimboeejit

jimboeejit Member

Apr 30, 2020
    uk
    depending on what software your using this pdf should explain a bit about offsetting blades and what it does

Attached Files: