• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotters and Edge off a USB HUB

Folksign

Does anyone know if you can run Gerber plotters and a Edge off a usb hub. Thinking about using a laptop with Omega 4.0 and xp 32 bit. Will I need the Gerber USB adapters for this?

Thanks,

jrsc

I don't see why that would be a problem. I run my solvent printer, vinyl cutter, and desktop inkjet off a usb hub connected to my computer with a 49 foot usb cable. All run at the same time with 0 problems. No different then when I had them directly connected. I would recommend a powered usb hub though, just in case you plug anything into it that draws power off the usb cable.

Tony Teveris

Powered Hub a must.

If it's an Edge II you will need the Gerber USB to Parallel cable and the USB to Serial for the Gerber cutter. If it's an Edge I you may get away using a standard USB to Parallel cable or just use the same as the Edge II.

You MUST have Omega 4.0 w/ Service Pack 1 (Build 15) installed.

MatthewTimothy

you need a SWITCH, you can get them fairly cheap, ill post up what i got. The difference in a hub and a switch is that the hub will reduce the signal and eventually fail after X amount of ft and a signal is divided by how many ports you have. Switch is better.