• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Plotting Issues

Fly Graphics

Print Production Manager
Hi all,

I'm having issues with my VersaCaMM VS-640 in regards to cutting / plotting. I have adjusted the settings as per some trouble shooting I've found online. I just cut this file and the text lines are wavy, and not straight, as they should be. I've attached a file with a sample of the text to get an idea of what it looks like.

I am using a 60 degree blade. I was getting skipping issues, but resolved that by adjusting my settings, but now I'm getting uneven straight lines.

My printer settings are as follows for the Cut menu:
Force=90 gf
Speed=7 cm/s
Offset=.05mm
UpSpeed=6 cm/s

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to correct this? I just put in a brand new blade.

Attachments

• 20180208_095419.jpg
    20180208_095419.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 172

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your offset setting should be .10 on the 60 degree blade. That will definitely affect the cut quality. Also, if you were having skipping issues, they are almost always caused by a bad cut protection strip. That will also cause cuts to be wavy. Changing the settings, I assume the cut speed because it is so low, just coincidentally solved the skipping temporarily issue but it could still be causing your wavy issue. Essentially, by slowing down the cutter you stopped the skipping is what I am assuming but the strip is probably still bad. Rolanddga.com sells them directly and you might as well change it as it is a wear item.

Printsol

The offset is a way too much. Check your blade specs for correct one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk