• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotting order - need help

Kottwitz-Graphics

Hey guys,

I've got a problem that is starting to drive me nuts, and I hope someone has some insite...

I'm using Corel 13, sending to a Summa D60 plotter through Summa Winplot. When I send the part of the file that I want to cut, (its all converted to curves, and combined), for some reason it wants to run to one side, cut a letter, then run to the other, cut a letter, then run back to the begining, cut the center, back and forth, back and forth.

Its starting to agrivate me because the more that its running back and forth, it is losing alignment, and causing the vinyl to buch in the back.:banghead:

Any ideas on how to set the cutting order so that it will start and cut left to right?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

I'm not familiar with WinPlot or cutting out of Corel. I've always been a Flexi user. There is a setting in Flexi's Production Manager called Optimize Cutting Order. You can reduce the value to have the plotter travel less distance between cutting objects; if you increase the number it will often produce the problem you are reporting. Not sure if your software offers this setting or not.

Ken

Sorry, not familiar to Summa equipment or the rip.
On my Graphtec there is an option to " reduce media travel"..or something like that.
But, it doesn't always work. I mean if you ask the plotter to cut an outline around the finished job, then it just goes ahead and does whatever it wants to do.
Best off to feed the media thru for more feet than you need..and you will see how much misalignment is going to happen.
Cheers!
Ken

Forum Studio

I owned D60 and cut from X3.Win Plot has no option such :data sorting or optimize cutting order, so design will be cut in same order as was created.You can change order in Object Manager but this method may be time consuming.Check also other cutting software like Co Cut(will cut directly from Corel).

round man

most bridge softwares and or dedicated cutting and design software has what is usually called a sort option in the plotter controls,....you may have to pony up the $$ to pay for the privilage of eliminating this issue.