Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLT file need conversion to eps or flexi

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by grafixhenk, Apr 25, 2007.

1. grafixhenk

grafixhenk Member

Jan 25, 2006
    :thankyou: I have a local sign shop send me a plt file and we need to print this so he can pounce the pattern
    We run flexi and can not import this.
    Anny sugestions

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    What version of Flexi are you running? As of version 7.6.2 Flexi has been able to open a Gerber PLT file.

3. grafixhenk

grafixhenk Member

Jan 25, 2006
    7.5 v5

4. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    If you want to send me the file, I can try and import it and then export it or save it as an .eps or .ai file. Pretty sure Flexi would open either.

PM me for my email address if interested.

5. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Have you tried starting up just the production manager and dropping the plt file directly in there?
    I have run into files that will not open in the main Flexi program but will open and print when dropped right into the Production manager, leaving Flexi closed.
    I only have 7.6 so it may not be an option within 7.5.

wayne k
    guam usa

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I can tell you that whatever existed before 7.6.2 as far as opening PLT files was not what it was after 7.6.2 ... I beta tested and supplied feedback directly to the product engineer. It has some limitations but for the most part it works.

If you want to send me the file to the email in my signature, I will try to open it.

7. grafixhenk

grafixhenk Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Thanks for all the help

Just got it back from Signmasters

Looks like I am good to go

Thanks again to everyone who replied