• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PLT. File only cutting Half the job

graphixplus

PLT. File only cutting Half the job.. The swivel knife is not dropping to the material for the last 6 objects.. Still goes through the process.. HELP from anyone.

I cleaned the magnetics / and cleaned my setpath.. any other ideas??

graphixplus

Yes Jill has the plastic washer.. Gs 15 plus... This happened about a year ago.. Any Ideas?

Fred mentioned something about deleting a PRM file.. I don't understand>>

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
every time you send something into GSPlot, a PRM file is created and holds the cut information. You need to go into the folder where your file is located (because that's where the PRM file will be), find the PRM and just delete it. Then try resending the file to cut. Also, you have the last six shapes set to cut only, correct?

graphixplus

OK. Created a new file. Renamed the file. Ran the job . It cut the first 2 of a multiple of 10 Then the blade just stopped dropping.. I now can see a PRM File & Spl file associated with that file.. any suggestions.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A PRM file is only created when you output all. If you are selecting parts and Outputting Selected then no PRM file is created.

Try copying and pasting into a new workspace and save it. Then output that to GSPPlot. If that works ... then fine. If that doesn't work, then try saving the job from GSPPlot as a SPL file and then output the SPL file to the plotter from the SPL viewer.

Please insure that there are no vectors in your output file that have a print only or a print and cut assignment. With preview off, all your vectors should be black. Also check in the 1234 dialog in Composer that only one vinyl is assigned to the job.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OK. Created a new file. Renamed the file. Ran the job . It cut the first 2 of a multiple of 10 Then the blade just stopped dropping.. I now can see a PRM File & Spl file associated with that file.. any suggestions.

Check that there is not some contamination on the lifter bar for the knife. Also, when was the last time the plotter was cleaned and lubricated?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Send the PLT file to the email in my signature and I'll have a look at it. Did you try the two suggestions I made?

graphixplus

Just Drove 100 miles to borrow a friends plotter... I need this job done.. Seems to be fine now.. I'll check in with you later reguarding this matter when I get done cutting 11 Rolls of 50yard material.. & delivered by Monday Morning.. Thanks for your help.