• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plug-in for chrome effect (Photoshop)?

Patentagosse

What do you use to create that life-like chrome effect in Photoshop? Here I have EyeCandy5 - Impact from AlienSkin and Dreamsuite from AutoFX software. They're good but not exactly to my liking. I'd like to push it a step higher. The only "great" chrome effect I've seen has been made using, I think, 3D StudioMax. I'm not sure I want to learn "another" software right now...

Do you know a plug-in that really delivers great chrome rendering (where youcan easily set the lighting, reflexion... ?

(examples from Gemini's catalogue)

Attachments

• Chrome1 (Medium).jpg
    Chrome1 (Medium).jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 194
  • NonLitChrome.jpg
    NonLitChrome.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 173

signswi

Use the right tool for the job. If you want 3D rendering with lighting, reflection, surface, etc. control you need to learn a 3D program. Nayaz 3D and Blender are both free.

You can fake the effect in Photoshop but it's pretty time intensive. Alternatively you can use actions but it'll just generate whatever look the action creates, no control over lighting/reflection/surface really. Here are a few: http://graphicriver.net/search?utf8=✓&term=chrome

peavey123

WoW! Thanks it's a very good link you provided.:U Rock:

Those all look like they'd be easily achieved with layer styles (Specifically, bevel and Emboss w/contour, gradient overlay and inner shadow) and made into actions. I didn't realize there were people out there who would pay $5 a pop?! doh! :banghead: