Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Plug in Illustrator for Mutoh

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by simon haysom, Dec 27, 2020.

1. simon haysom

simon haysom Simon

Apr 6, 2020
    Auckland New Zealand
    Hi there.

Bit stuck. Was cutting to a Roland (GX500) cutting from a plug in Ai (cs6) My Roland died. A cheap Mutoh Valuecut came up for sale. Before I purchase a few people told me "yes you can get a plug in for this" (still cutting from Adobe illustrator) so I purchased.

Do you think I can find a link to this download!!!. I have been told that there is one available (somewhere?)
    but only on cs6 (this is fine by me) also I really need a mac version but If I had to I would purchase a pc version of AI. Anything to get it working.

Yes I realise I can go down the path of other software but I know how to use AI.

Your help/advice is much appreciated. thanks Simon

2. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    What is that plugin?

3. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    Lets start here - If you decide to upgrade to "Adobe illustrator CC" It's subscription base these. so you purchase a monthly/yearly subscription with forever updates. Works on both mac and pc. install on both, use on both (one computer at a time though)

As for the plugin. I will go on a limb and assume it could be this - https://mutoh.eu/en/technologies/mutohs-print-and-cut-solution.
    If not, Contact them and im sure they'll help you.

Dont think he knows what it's called.

4. simon haysom

simon haysom Simon

Apr 6, 2020
    Auckland New Zealand
    Yes i have had Adobe cc for a few years now. Just trying to track down the plug in for my Mutoh value cut. I had a plug in for my Roland but am having trouble finding the one for my Mutoh. I also have C's 5 and C's 6 if i can't get one for CC. Thanks will have a look at the link you sent. Thanks Simon.

5. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    I think you have to use 3rd party software/plugin that works with your AI. Mutoh is using Flexi as their default software - FlexiSIGN Mutoh Edition.

6. simon haysom

simon haysom Simon

Apr 6, 2020
    Auckland New Zealand
    Yes you are right it is a third party plugin. It is just a case of trying to find it. I had a third party plugin when i was cutting to my Roland from AI. It was called cutstudio just trying to find something similar for my Mutoh. I have been told it is out there. Thanks

7. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    Which Mutoh is your model?

8. simon haysom

simon haysom Simon

Apr 6, 2020
    Auckland New Zealand
    VC 1300 (about 5 years old) thanks for your help.

9. simon haysom

simon haysom Simon

Apr 6, 2020
    Auckland New Zealand
    Hi Guys. Still no luck with this! any more thoughts? Begining to regret buying the Mutoh. Shame seems like a nice machine.