• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plywood through Laminator?

Oska

I have a Seal 62 Pro Laminator and I am looking for your thoughts on whether I should feed plywood panels (mounting process) through it.

So I would be doing a cold mount onto plywood using laminated printed vinyl with adhesive back.

My only concern is that the edge of the wood panel might hurt the rubbers on the pressure rollers on the laminator.

Cheers!:Canada:

sghobbies

Big squeegee!....MUUCH cheaper than a laminator...lol I use a big squeegee to mount prints all the time. Can do a 4x8 in less than 30 seconds.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can use your Seal. However, the Big Squeegee takes no electric to run. We can do a 4' x 8' in no time at all. We ran a test doing about 15 or so 4' x 8's with the machine vs. the Big Squeegee. When you enter in all of your handling and whatnot, they're about the same.

The Equipment Guy

Hey Oscar,

Where are you located? If you need a hand with your 62 Pro or any application questions let me know, or give my partner Harold Toiviainen a call (647) 520-8036. We do a lot of Seal support in Canada (especially the Toronto area)

If you are mounting those crezone panels, there should not be an issue, just remember to not alway do it on the same spot on the rollers, vary it a bit.

Craig

Oska

I see...

Thank you all for all the comments. I was thinking the same, very low pressure and the tip about changing the feed position... awesome, I will.

I have a big squeegee too. So I guess it will depend on the work load whether I use one or the other... ;)

Craig, I'm in Ottawa. Great to know you support these machines.

Again, thank you for the tips...

Oscar