• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

plzz advice .. ultrasonic on dx7&5

egymost85

Hi all

i know work in a company that uses the attached ultrasonic cleaner, with a basin of about 14cm deep,
i tried ultrasonic cleaning spectra heads, it works fine, with limitations
but i i tried on a dx7, for 1624, the nozzles no longer fires on the machine,
i want to know, should i use it on dx7 & dx5 or not? 20140513_144001.jpg

artbot

the electronics aren't protected on an epson head. ultrasonic cleaners create a lot of solvent mist and that mist will build on the pcb board. after cleaning the head should be dunked in iso and "slung" dry and allowed to sit for 24 hours. this will help pull the glycols (retarders) out of the tiny cracks in the head. that said, epson doesn't play well with ultrasonic in general. the heads are made of very brittle graphite-like metal laminated together to create the ink channels. they are delicate and don't take to cleaning/pressure.

4R Graphics

Yes what art bot said.

He knows his stuff.

I can tell you from personal experience that even pushing flush through a DX5 head can blow it out. I learned that expenssive lesson the hard way. The DX5 heads are very fragile alot more so than the DX4. I use to push flush through the old DX4 heads with enough pressure to get little streams from the nozzles. If you do that to the DX5 head you will need to buy a new head. You can push flush through them but only with enough pressure for there to be little drops coming off the head if you get a stream you destroyed it 99 out of 100 times.

egymost85

ultra cleaning

i know it is dangerous, but i saw threads on these forums that claim otherwise, so i thought; lets see how

generally, i attached also the photos to ask about the knobs and controls, i usually use the frequency only, what about the temperature thing?

and wait, does this mean that i can ultrasonic clean dx4 without worrying?