• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PMS color on HP Latex Machine FAIL!

MrPixelPuppy

Thanks in advance for your comments...

Im trying to hit 2 specific colors with my HP machine PMS 721 and 702 I have created PDF from illustrator in a CMYK environment and saved as a PDF file. Took it to Onyx 10 and tried to print to 3M Vehicle wrap but my colors look very off. Have tried changing color values, tried ICC profile on and off 3M matchprint but so far have gotten nowhere. Customers job is small but i am frustrated that i cant hit the color... Please help as i am lost.

Daniel

danno

You can turn on the Use Spot color replacement table and send the colour over from your illustrator file as the PMS colour and it should be close. The printer is ok at hitting most PMS colours, but the Use Spot Color Replacement Table must be check marked.

QuickSilver2605

You can turn on the Use Spot color replacement table and send the colour over from your illustrator file as the PMS colour and it should be close. The printer is ok at hitting most PMS colours, but the Use Spot Color Replacement Table must be check marked.

would you be able to post a screen cap of where this feature is?

Bly

Are you using custom profiles or canned?

To use the colour table open your job in preflight
go to file>job properties>postcript tab
select color table

It gets fairly close for us most of the time using custom profiles.