• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC 1100 vs. Camm-1 CM24

Reve

I'm looking to buy a used plotter, but don't know a lot about the different models. Between the Camm-1 CM24 and PNC 1100, if they're both in good working condition, which one is better and why?

neato

Hmmm....most would say the CM24, since it's a newer model. But personally, if you found a great deal on a PNC 1100 ($500 or less), I'd go for it. The PNCs were made like a tank with a lot of metal parts vs. plastic in the newer models. I own a PNC 1100 and love it. It's slow, but I don't do a lot of banners and coro so I really don't need fast.

If you've found a killer deal on the CM24 though, it might be best to get a newer model that is easier to service.

I didn't help much, did I? :)

OldPaint

CM-24 $1400 new
PNC-1100 $3000 new................NOW what the big diff.
both 24" cutters, both ROLANDS....but made with a different set of std.
CM-24, all rolling points....NYLON BUSHINGS
PNC-1100 " " " ......TIMKEN/FEDERAL ROLLER or BALL BEARINGS.
CM-24 ......200 gram down force.
PNC-1100, 350 gram " "
only thing CM-24 does better is CUT FASTER. but not that much.
AS FOR SERVICE....................PNC-1100 DONT NEED ANY)))))))
same cutting strip/blades/blade holder.....as CM-24
as for service.....PNC-1100 DONT NEED ANY)))))))

ive had 2 PNC-1100, both are built as ROLAND PRO CAMM-1 MACHINES.
it is on the same product level as a CX/CM-300!!!!!!
price one a them!!!!!!!!!

Teljack002

Rolland Camm-1 PNC 1100 for sale

I have a Rolland Camm-1 PNC 1100 that I would like to sell. It has been used very little. Bought it to do some Glass Work and never did get the business going due to other interest. Also, have a Flexi Sign 7.5 program but I DO NOT have the dongle. I would like to have $1500.00 for the Cutter. The program, would like to have about 750.00.. New it is about 4000.00 but I bought this one used... so, would consider offers.
Teljack002@suddenlink.net