• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC-1100 Write Port Error

beseensigns

Hey guys! I recently purchased a Roland Camm1 PNC1100 plotter and I am trying to get it to work with Flexi 10. I am running a serial to USB cable which is working properly as I tested it with my Ioline Studio 8 and it plots fine. When I try to plot to the PNC1100 it will sit at cutting 0% for a while then give me the error "Write port error" I have tried multiple things but cannot get this plotter to plot. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

klmjff

the bit-rate that the computer transfers information to your cutter has to match in THREE places:

1. in the Control Panel, open System, click the hardware tab, click the Device Manager button, and under Ports find your cutter. right click, and select properties. now click the port settings tab. look at what the Bits Per Second option is set to. mine was set to 19200. i find it worked best to use what the computer picks by default. remember that number.

2. on your cutters lcd screen, scroll through the settings to your baud setting. change it to what you found in the device manager, in this case, 19200. make sure it saved that setting by restarting the cutter and checking it.

3. In your project manager, when you select what cutter to use, right click on that, select cutter options or properties ( depending on what program you use) and make sure that the bit rate for your cutter matches the previous two.

once all these numbers matched up, it should work fine. although, every once in a while, one of those three numbers will change itself for no apparent reason. I havent figured that one out yet. Good luck man!

beseensigns

Thanks! I have checked all the settings and everything is set at 9600. The plotter wont go any higher than that. Still no luck :(

Terry Welford

Hey guys! I recently purchased a Roland Camm1 PNC1100 plotter and I am trying to get it to work with Flexi 10. I am running a serial to USB cable which is working properly as I tested it with my Ioline Studio 8 and it plots fine. When I try to plot to the PNC1100 it will sit at cutting 0% for a while then give me the error "Write port error" I have tried multiple things but cannot get this plotter to plot. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!
I had this problem with a Wissen programme, I had to use the cutter settings within the program to tell it to send as DOS language as that is what old 1100's understand