• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC 1210 cutting problem

johnny_loves_amy

I just bought an older used PNC 1210, and it is doing something odd. After finally getting it working, it is overcutting inside the letters, and pulling the vinyl up. I have the knife set good, so I know thats not the problem.. By overcutting I mean it is going too deep into the letter (not cutting through the back of it, but cutting inside the letter a little)as it comes to the intersection or 90 degree, then it lifts and turns the corner, and it seems it sets down too far inside the letter before it takes off again (leaving an X or a V overcut shape at every turn). I got it from a guy who used to do shirt transfers. I am so used to my Japanese plotter, that I dont know the settings on this one. I dont know the downforce to use for vinyl, what to set the speed to, or anything. If anyone could please help me, I would really appreciate it alot. It just has alot of settings that I am not familiar with. I have the manual, but it doesn't make sense either. Thanks and God Bless to everyone.. HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!!

OldPaint

that one has a slide on the right side for DOWNFORCE i think. set it at the - end and try a cut. then if it aint cutting move it toward the + end. not to hard is it? if you got a digital numbers...start at 50 and see if it cuts then mover up 10 at a time till it works like its supposed to..............

johnny_loves_amy

Thank you so much for the advice, but I have already tried that. There are 3 other settings on the same screen as the downforce that do something.. I'm not sure what they are but one says CCPSTWILL, 5cm/s, and 0.625mm. Do these settings need to be changed? Like I said, the lady used to cut thick transfer material for shirts and stuff. I am curious why it cuts too far into the actual letter too. My old japanese plotter is looking pretty good right now...lol.. Thanks for your help Old Paint

GSSA-Russ

Most likely that machine was sold by Stahls' for cutting materials for garments. That CCPSTWILL setting comes from an embedded chip setting for cutting Poly Twill. It has preset the offeset, speed, and downforce. Try changing that setting to CCFILM. That should get you closer to where you want to be. If that doesn't work let me know I will dig up some more info on those settings.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
The blade offset can be probably changed in the 'printer driver'.

The offset is how much the tip trails behind the centre of the knife, so that it 'follows' where it is driven.
For normal vinyl cutting, about 0.25 mm is OK. Yours might be set to 1mm or so, causing those overcuts.

You might need a 'normal' vinyl blade, too.

johnny_loves_amy

The blade offset can be probably changed in the 'printer driver'.

The offset is how much the tip trails behind the centre of the knife, so that it 'follows' where it is driven.
For normal vinyl cutting, about 0.25 mm is OK. Yours might be set to 1mm or so, causing those overcuts.

You might need a 'normal' vinyl blade, too.
I am not the best at messing with computers, so I will try to get the wife to take a look at it. I did change out the blade on it though. The blades from my other P.O.S fits it so that works out nicely.. Thanks for all the help guys, and God Bless.

johnny_loves_amy

the blades themselves are adjustable, have you checked the blade height in the blade holder ?
Yes Sir I have..I know how to set the blade, it's just getting a plotter that is new to me, without having all the necessary paperwork. But thanks a ton though.. God Bless