• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pnc 5000 help

xd1978

Long story short I bought a pnc-5000 on craigslist not working for 50.00. Guy said he got home from Arizona and it didn't turn on. Well apparently while he was gone someone took apart his cutter to clean it and forgot to plug the power supply back in and pinch in the fuses. Its a pnc 5000 color camm. So I took it apart to take a look and fixed it. Well now I have a vinyl cutter printer/plotter and no idea how to use it. I would like to learn all I can and where to get software to make this thing work. I would like to use free software if possible since I'm a special ed teacher and my budget sucks. I'm also a little freaked out cause I called a sign place and the guy told me that the sofware is 1000.00 and a roll of vinyl is 150.00. I know there has to be a cheaper way to do this. I also have a whole box of cartridges he gave me with it.

Another problem I am having is that my main computer does not have an i/o port. Is there a way around this.

woolly

a old version of corel and the driver from rolands web site will be fine.
but the driver is for a XP OS.
can be connected by printer port (lpt1) or serial if you are usb only then a usb to serial converter.
as a printer it was not very good (being polite) as a cutter it was slow by todays standards but did the job well.

xd1978

I can run windows 7 in xp mode. so good there. Where could I fin an old version of corel? ebay or something?