• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC960 Material Size set-up

Brocko777

I've got a PNC960 that I've been cutting 15" on with no problem.

I've picked up some 24" rolls and realized in my set-up that the cutting width is only allowing 18.5" width and 63" length (470.0mmX1600.0mm).
It is telling me that 18.5" is the max. width that I can cut. I've tried to re-install the driver and that hasn't worked.
Is there any way to by-pass the layout size and just use the 'origin set' and set-up straight from the control panel to be able to cut the full 24" and also longer than the 63" if needed?
I am using CorelDraw 12 for my vector program.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brocko

asd

if your os is windows xp there is nothing you can do to change the lenght but you should be able to set up the widht to a max of 22.5" in the property box for the printer

OldPaint

youre not doin something right.
pnc-960 is a 24" machine, similar to a pnc-1100. i think the 960 is a newer version of the 1100.
you need to get the right driver at www.rolanddg.com and it should be the DO2729OJ.EXE when you install it, you can change the page cut size to anything you want up to 23.50 tall and as many inches as you want long.
you need to make a page in corel to 23.50 x 110" so you wont have the lenght limit.
set your plotter as default printer, befor you cut, always open the page layout and say set from printer....make it landscape....the check to see PRINT PREVIEW agrres with those setting.

Brocko777

Thanks for the help.
I re-installed that driver, I got the 23.5" entered and set, BUT it will not let me change the length. It is still only giving me 63" as a max. I will work with it more tomorrow and see if it will co-operate.

Brocko

Samm

Does Corel need something to cut with? ie like PM in Flexi...change the settings there?

rcook99

I have to run Sign tools 3 with Corel to be able to cut on my Graphtec.

The new cutters come with the software to cut direct from Corel.

freehand

In the driver print dialog: propertys - advanced - media size settings - add new media size... And than you can make it as you want.

Brocko777

OP is right, I plug USB right from my laptop to the plotter.

Freehand I did that, I am showing a default size right now of 23.5X63" but in the 'max size' box I am seeing still the 18.5X63" When I try to enter a new media size it defaults to the 18.5 X 63 even if I enter higher amounts. The default size in the main box IS 23.5X63 though.

I am going to try again to reinstall the driver to see if it is being finicky.

Brocko

Brocko777

Kinda geared toward Cadmn but anyone else feel free to jump in!

This is my advance screen, when I go to change the length it won't let me go further than that 63" (1600mm) although I have the 23.5" (584mm) in the first media size list. I am screwing something up but cannot find it.
Any clues?

Thanks
BRocko

Attachments

• pnc960.jpg
    pnc960.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 114

freehand

Maybe, just maybe - not shure, you should change it first in control panel, under printers-printing preferences...
That i have forgotten.
And, is it for real you have usb conection to pnc 960?

asd

like I said before you will not be able to change the lenght if your Operating System is windows xp, but if I am wrong don't hesitate to share how you got it to be more than 63"