Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

png file when exported puts a yellow box behind bitmap

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by gabagoo, May 16, 2019.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I can't figure this out. Customer sent me a png file, I set up a proof for a decal in Signlab, sent them a pdf proof and get the job. I send the png, the pdf and I also exported the file as a jpg and a tiff and every time I import it into Flexi it puts a yellow background around the copy. Whats going on?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Flexi is pretty terrible with PNG and transparencies. It's probably got something to do with your last used color. (The color that is in the bottom right corner.) That's the first place I'd look. Have you tried rasterizing it in Flexi?

3. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    My Flexi is a print cut program so limited tools Unfortunately flexi my version of Flexi will not recognise png files

4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    What are the options for tiff format (since jpgs don't support transparencies, not too concerned with that format) when exporting from Signlab? Of course, this would be better if it's coming from a pure source to begin with, not a PNG.

I'm assuming transparencies are the issue here as that is the best reason for using a PNG (and it's compression does yield better results (depending on program used) versus a jpg).

Bare in mind, not all programs have this ability to retain transparent layer or have an alpha channel for TIFFs. For instance, Ai CS6 does not, while Ps CS6 Extended does (at least from what I can tell).

5. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I took the original png file then saved it as a pdf file then opened it in acrobat and exported it back out as a jpg. Finally came in with no yellow backing.

• Like Like x 1