• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pole banner information?

My town has about 50 of the pole banners throughout town that are now starting to show their age and my town would now like to replace them..

The material is a cloth fabric, possibly sunbrella? These banners feature a pole pocket to on the top and a grommet at the bottom. They are printed on both sides.

Is there a material I can print with my solvent jet printer? or are these traditionally screen printed?

Thanks

tcorn1965

My town has about 50 of the pole banners throughout town that are now starting to show their age and my town would now like to replace them..

The material is a cloth fabric, possibly sunbrella? These banners feature a pole pocket to on the top and a grommet at the bottom. They are printed on both sides.

Is there a material I can print with my solvent jet printer? or are these traditionally screen printed?

Thanks

We print pole banners on sunbrella with our JV3-160SP and HP45500

Screen print is what I imagine as well with some further investigation.

Attached is an image of one of the existing banner.

What is this cloth type fabric called??

is it sunberlla?

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 81

tcorn1965

Our sunbrella looks stiffer than that, could be because with no bottom support and many years in use all the flapping softened it up. So I cannot tell you with 100% accuracy that is sunbrella.

Terry

westpointsigns

I outsourced mine (since sewing is the only thing I don't do in house) to Quality Banner. They give a 5 year replacement guarantee which was a good selling point to the customer and they do very nice double sided printing with the pole pockets lining up.

Attachments

• Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 65
Yes no bottom support. That what puzzeld me.. Cutting corners I suppose making one pole kit work to do 2 banner? CLEVER.. They do flap in the wind some but look good.

Thanks westpoint for the info. I'll check them out.

Is there also a materail called poly poplin? or is this the same as sunbrella?

rdbrown

There is an Ultra Poplin PES C240 made by Ultra Flex Systems Inc. It is like Sunbrella, just lighter weight. The Sunbrella is a 10 oz Acrylic woven yarn while the Ultra Poplin is a 7.1 oz 100% knitted polyester.