Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pole banner information?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by SummitSignsandmore, May 12, 2011.

1. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    My town has about 50 of the pole banners throughout town that are now starting to show their age and my town would now like to replace them..

The material is a cloth fabric, possibly sunbrella? These banners feature a pole pocket to on the top and a grommet at the bottom. They are printed on both sides.

Is there a material I can print with my solvent jet printer? or are these traditionally screen printed?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    probably screened if all same design

3. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    We print pole banners on sunbrella with our JV3-160SP and HP45500

4. SummitSignsandmore

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    Screen print is what I imagine as well with some further investigation.

Attached is an image of one of the existing banner.

What is this cloth type fabric called??

is it sunberlla?

Attached Files:

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    wondering why they dont have a lower support...those things must flap somethin awful

6. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Our sunbrella looks stiffer than that, could be because with no bottom support and many years in use all the flapping softened it up. So I cannot tell you with 100% accuracy that is sunbrella.

Terry

7. westpointsigns

westpointsigns Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I outsourced mine (since sewing is the only thing I don't do in house) to Quality Banner. They give a 5 year replacement guarantee which was a good selling point to the customer and they do very nice double sided printing with the pole pockets lining up.

Attached Files:

8. SummitSignsandmore

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    Yes no bottom support. That what puzzeld me.. Cutting corners I suppose making one pole kit work to do 2 banner? CLEVER.. They do flap in the wind some but look good.

Thanks westpoint for the info. I'll check them out.

Is there also a materail called poly poplin? or is this the same as sunbrella?

9. rdbrown

rdbrown New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    There is an Ultra Poplin PES C240 made by Ultra Flex Systems Inc. It is like Sunbrella, just lighter weight. The Sunbrella is a 10 oz Acrylic woven yarn while the Ultra Poplin is a 7.1 oz 100% knitted polyester.