• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pole sleeves confuse me!

GoodPeopleFlags

Let's say I have a 1.5" pole - what size should that pole sleeve be when it's flat? I'm thinking that 3" would be good but I suck at math and would really like to hear from you guys. I also think I'm taking something that's probably pretty simple and WAY overthinking it!
:banghead:

Malkin

1.5" x 3.14" / 2

add a little so it's not too tight.

3" (flat) should be fine, might even be slightly loose.

TammieH

Or if you suffer from Math Deficiency Syndrome...MDS you can wrap a piece of anything around your pole, lets say a string or a piece of vinyl, mark it and add a bit more, depends on how tight you like it.

GoodPeopleFlags

That's how I used to do it but I can't do that in my new job. We work mostly with textiles (nylon, polyesters) and we have a sewing dept so I'm not sure exactly how they sew the pole pockets. We were told recently to start specifying the flat sleeve measurement in our orders and the size is kinda up to us. I just want to make sure that a 3" flat sleeve will be large enough for a 1.5" pole to easily slide in to. Thanks!

TammieH

Once you have the circumference...couldn't you just divide that number in half to get your flat measurement, plus some wiggle room? Sometimes I feel like the blind leading the blind...can't be the only one...LOL

Billct2

NHB (No Holds Barred) was an uncensored say wtf you want forum here that was mercifully killed off a while ago.

Christian @ 2CT Media

here is a quick excel calculator

Just be sure to change the pole size, hem size, and slack and the other 2 calculate.

Attachments

• Pole Pocket Calculator.xls
    23 KB · Views: 72