• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Police car graphics gone bad

letterman7

It's all conjecture since we can't physically see the pieces nor know the circumstances by what the failure happened. Move on. I would have no issues with outsourcing to the police-graphics.com if you're unable to do the job yourself. I would talk with whomever you're talking with at the department, outline that not all print processes are the same (obviously), and that you can stand behind your product - and be up front with them that you're outsourcing to pg.com. Is it possible that they'll bypass you and order directly from them? Sure, happens quite a bit - but they'll still need someone to install the kit.

Stacey K

I like making signs
We do quite a few Police Departments around our area. I've only ever seen that from wet applications, poor grade of vinyl.... or according to where the vehicles are parked.

Most municipalities park the cars the same way every day when not in use, almost in the exact same spot. We had one, where the cars had that exact look on one side and one side only..... and some vehicles had it worse than others. I went out to look over the situation. On the property, there was a H-U-G-E salt pile for winter salting. The closer the vehicle was parked to the pile, the worse the lettering looked. Hmmmm............

It's not always the vinyl or application at fault. :rolleyes:
Oh geez...that's some very good detective work! Definitely something to keep in mind...

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's all conjecture since we can't physically see the pieces nor know the circumstances by what the failure happened. Move on. I would have no issues with outsourcing to the police-graphics.com if you're unable to do the job yourself. I would talk with whomever you're talking with at the department, outline that not all print processes are the same (obviously), and that you can stand behind your product - and be up front with them that you're outsourcing to pg.com. Is it possible that they'll bypass you and order directly from them? Sure, happens quite a bit - but they'll still need someone to install the kit.
Actually, I'll need to replicate the design so it matches the other cars so they are perfectly OK with me ordering the printed vinyl.