• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

polishing granite after sand blasting

scootinbob

Ok what is the easy way to plish up a countertop after I sandblast an image in it so its as shiny as the rest of the countertop

zmatalucci

a lot of work... no easy way about it lots of diamond discs, going from coarse to fine etc.
youtube has some good videos

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Like Zeth says...

A series of pads, they have dry pads or wet... I prefer wet, dry can sometimes leave marks on the granite depending on which one. One thing I can see is polishing off some of the dimension of the blasted area. What kind of design? Almost better to hand carve, then polish, depending on the design.

scootinbob

The thing is they arent deep etchings because they are coutertops that homeowners use, but the are very detailed to boot.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
They make waxes that will semi-polish the blasted areas, but depending on the blast, you still may need to do a bit of polishing before applying the wax, and you might lose some of the detail if you use that too.

scootinbob

My end result is that I want the blasted areas to have the same finished look as the countertop has. The company Im doing this for are sticklers for detail but so am I. I'm my own worst critic which most of us on here are anyways

zmatalucci

here's a recently completed stone I did. (installed today)
5-0 x 0-8 x 2-4 - Barre Gray Die
6-6 X 1-0 x 0-8 - Base
Top piece was 1679lbs alone!

Attachments

• anger.jpg
    anger.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 73