• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Political signs

Jean Shimp

A friend of a friend is running in our local election and has asked me about yard signs. I usually don't pursue political signs but I am considering it. I looked at Stouse for some pricing. I don't do digital printing in house. I am wondering - "Can I be competitive buying wholesale (approximately quantity 1000 my cost $1500 plus ship) as compared with someone who prints in-house." Suggested retail is $2 each (fold over sign & frame). So by the time I do the legwork and pay shipping it's not a big profit margin. (My numbers are estimated.)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I doubt it. If those people shop around, you can get 18" x 24" double-sided as low as 68¢ ea. for like 500 at a pop. Politicians are about as low as you can go as far as customers go.

Billct2

Probably not...they are marketed directly by large suppliers. But it doesn't hurt to offer to quote with the disclaimer that it's not your usual type of product so the price might be higher.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Friend or not always get paid up front for political signs. If you don't you most certainly will be left holding the bag and, worse, once it's all over, win or lose, the organization that engaged your services ceases to exist. There's no one to pursue for payment. Up front or not at all.