• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

POLL: File Transfers

What is your go-to file transfer method?

• Total voters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If a file is too large to send by email attachment, I upload it to our server in an accessible folder with no other content and send a link to the recipient. I then delete after the recipient has received the file.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try We Transfer. Its free up to 2GB and you and the person you are sending the file to does not have to log on.

legacyborn

I've been using Dropbox for a couple months and really like it so far.

My only complaint is that the other person needs to have an account....and lately some of the people I've dealt....aren't bright enough to figure it out.

If you are sending the file (not receiving) they don't need to have an account. You can use the website to send a link to download a file. But yeah, for receiving it is tough.

CanuckSigns

I tried to set up an FTP on our server so clients can upload/download directly to us, but I never could get it working, so instead we have a yousendit.com upload tool on our website, it's free, but it displays ads and it only holds the file for 3 days before it's deleted. You can pay for better service, but we haven't seen the need to yet.

For sending files, we use our dropbox account.

graphicwarning

I've had good luck with mediafire lately... premium accounts are only $2.99/m and they have a nice embeddable code for clients to upload easy... very similar to most services, but it works well so far!

Bly

I've ditched yousendit or whatever it's called now. If someone sends you 10 files you have to select and download them all individually which is tedious. They seem keen to have you pay for their online storage.
Wetransfer or Dropbox allow you to download them all as one zip file.
We have an onsite ftp server but it's not worth setting up for the occasional transfer.