• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poll Size quit working

signbeth

The Flexi "Poll size" feature for the Graphtec quit working on me today.
My computer station is on the other side of the room from the plotter and I rely on it quite a bit.
Only thing that made today differant from other days is that I upgraded my QuickBooks. Could that have caused a communication conflict?
Any one have any suggestions for me for making it work again??

thanks,

Beth Harrell

PMG

Mine never worked from the get go,i was told my printer didn't support the poll feature,did you update your firmware on the printer by any chance ?

grafxxx

try to reinstall the cutter driver in the properties in the production manager then restart system

signbeth

Poll size refers to being able to automatically import the available vinyl width (and length if desired) of vinyl into your production manager
(after you have loaded your vinyl into the plotter)

If your plotter is across the room or in another room, this feature could save you a lot of steps.

I finally got an opportunity to reinstall the plotter but it did not help. I still get a message saying the plotter is not reponding to poll size.

Would anyone else have a suggestion?

Signbeth

CV Signs

Try restarting all of your equipment. If not, check all of your cable connections, then inspect your cable. Then delete and re-create the plotter in production mgr.

doublesky

The only time I see that msg is when either a plug/usb has come loose or you haven't hit the origin button or told it which setting to cut at (i.e. F1, F2) yet.

That's crazy to think some people don't use that feature, my machine is across the room too and it does save a lot of time. OR maybe I'm just lazy.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The Flexi "Poll size" feature for the Graphtec quit working on me today.
My computer station is on the other side of the room from the plotter and I rely on it quite a bit.
Only thing that made today differant from other days is that I upgraded my QuickBooks. Could that have caused a communication conflict?
Any one have any suggestions for me for making it work again??

thanks,

Beth Harrell

It's late and the machines out in my shop are turned off so I can't verify any of this but...

The other day my poll size was grayed out and refused to answer the helm. It turned out to be some other setting in the print/cut that preempted this feature. When I finally figured it out it was sort of a forehead slapper but I can't recall just what it was.

dgsigns

Poll size not working

I have had a problem with the poll size not working ever since I bought a new computer with Windows 7. I was cutting larger jobs with my old computer and that was a pain going back and forth but now the old computer has had it. I can't find anyone who knows how to fix this problem with the poll size. Please anyone?

cgsigns_jamie

Sorry to revive an old thread... but I had the same issue this week.

First a little background... I have an FC8000-160 connected via a serial cable to a computer running Windows XP SP3 and FlexiPRO 8.6v2.

Yesterday I installed the utility from Graphtec so I could back up my condition settings. In order to connect to the plotter with the utility I had to install the Windows Printer Driver for my plotter. Ever since I installed this driver I haven't been able to use the "Poll Size" function in the Cut/Plot dialog of FlexiSIGN.

Once I uninstalled the utility AND the "printer" driver associated with the plotter, I was able to use the Poll Size function.

So I think there must be some conflict with the Graphtec Driver/Utility and Flexi the prevents the Poll Size function from working.

I hope this helps anyone having this issue in the future.