Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.


  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Poly-Board Vendor?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by signs_welly, Oct 31, 2019.

  1. signs_welly

    signs_welly New Member

    Apr 3, 2019
    We're looking for a trade printer that prints on polyboard (polycoated cardstock - evidently it goes by many names). This is for a pest control company to place small 6"x6" signs on the lawn after spraying.

    I'm also trying to understand the difference between regular UV coating that you'd get on a business card and "poly coating" that is advertised for these signs. Anyone have experience with them and/or know a good trade printer who does them?
  2. 2B

    2B Very Active Member

    May 5, 2011
  3. FireSprint.com

    FireSprint.com Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

    Polycoat is literally a plastic coating that is applied to the paper stock prior to printing. A UV Coating is a clear liquid that is cured, generally over the ink.

    Polycoat is typically much more durable. Think about the difference between a film laminate and a spray on lacquer.

    Please contact James@firesprint.com with the details of your quote. We may be able to run these for you, or have a good referral for you.


Share This Page