• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polycarve not routing clean

StarSign

My router is having some issues with the polycarve not routing clean. We have a new bit in the machine. Ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 168
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 139

tbullo

Superunknown
Almost looks like you did that with a spiral bit. I use straight bits for color core. What type bit was used?

Zx360

Ours looked like that on our first few cuts, we figured out in the design software you could select blade rotation direction and we had to spin the blade the opposite way and the cuts came out a lot cleaner.
id have to ask what software we use since I don't do it.

synergy_jim

2 things...

1) looks like the feed rate is a little fast for the bit / rpms you re running

2) try routing in 2 passes to see if it clears the material any better.

I have ran HDPE in conventional and climb. I can't see the difference. It seems we get better edge finish with 2 flute spirals vs. straight bits.

VTSigns

if you have v-bits then try using those. we have found that the tend to route a lot cleaner and end up looking better IMO.

tbullo

Superunknown
We V carve a lot here. Plasticrouting.com is a good resource to use. Straight or spiral will work. I find I have little to no cleanup with the straight cutters. If I do have anything, a quick pass of the torch will smooth it out.

StarSign

I am cutting on a Sabre out of Artpath using the Gerber suggested bit for polycarve P80359A, I will have to check and see if my guy has tried reversing the bit.

k.a.s.

I get some of that when I rout, I use a spiral O and just trim off the fuzzyness with a razor blade. It's pretty easy to clean up.

Kevin