• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

polystyrene blanks

Neuromax

Does anyone know where I can get polystyrene blanks for some novilty signs. I can buy it by the sheet all day long but I was looking for some sign blanks with radius corners.

Thanks

Neuromax

What do you use to cut them to get them square every time? And the radius corners to be perfect every time? I thought about building some sort of die and doing it that way but I just have no clue.

What thickness are you getting? Depends on how many you are cutting at one time. We will only cut down one sheet at a time usually so we just cut it down with a razor and a straight edge.

Neuromax

I am just using .060 thickness. I will try the straight edge and see how it does. I was worried about my ability to make it square LOL.

Mosh

I cut them on our shear, and round with...a corner rounder.
A sharp blade and ruler works for the low budjeted ones out there.

W

wetgravy

I really can't add to what anyone else said. I've used a guillotine to cut poly, straight edges work great (like others said, score and snap) And a shop isn't complete without a corner rounder ...

iSign

what corner rounder are people using? I have the rinkydink kind that i don't think would work on dibond..

W

wetgravy

Just a standard rinkydink here and one that doesn't have a name anymore (too old ... sticker died) it's corner blade is dulled but has an awesome mechanical in it so I use it to round corners on aluminum blanks that came fubar on delivery.

RycckG

how many are you looking for? We operate several CAD/CAM machines that cut this stuff pretty nicely. If you are looking for over 100 a steel rule cutting die is the way to go. PM me if you would like more info. We are a manufacturer of cutting dies and we could get you a quote...