• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poor quality prints. Trying to find out why

Joe300i

Another thing in my experience Roland does badly is if you have a problem, they may take weeks, months and even years to move forward with the repair. Not to fix it, just to go up through their chain of command to get approval, to get some guy named Scott to OK it, to release the parts...etc...etc...etc... All the while you are missing deadlines, spending hours and days and weeks trying different things, tests, calibrations, cleanings, profiles, materials and going through tons of material, ink and cleaner trying to make it work. Ugh. Been there, done that. Brand new Roland, bought new, paid top dollar. Then when they stall past the warranty, they say they will continue to try and fix it, but now it will cost per hour plus parts and travel both ways.

That is EXACTLY what they are doing to me now. The tech never came back after 3-5 times of me calling him over the course of 10 months or so, and now my machine is 7 weeks out of warranty, and they won't fix the head on it. I'm so mad about it that I'm taking them to court. Worst company ever.

Joe300i

That's only one in a long line of similar experiences from the day I bought the machine. I have had a number of serious issues and the machine is still not fixed. I have never been able to print/cut ever. Just don't trust Roland, your Roland dealer or your Roland tech. They are not, in my experience, an honorable organization. (to put it nicely.)

No they are not. They're borderline con artists to be honest with you. They won't even return my calls or emails, and completely ignore me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's quite evident, if something worked one day, then you take it apart, jostle it around, put it back together and have no idea of what you're doing..... you're bound to have problems. Has this thing been fixed, yet ??

We've had Rolands since 1995 and no real problems to speak of. Sure we had some instances, but we're always able to fix them, since they were generally due to user error. Our latest one from time to time does not go back and cut precisely where it should, but maintenence usually fixes that. Something we have is, a tech, who really knows her stuff. She is absolutely fantastic and well worth her price. She's indepsnedent, so she has no alligence to a company, but to her own reputation.

I suggest you (and everyone else) look for a person like this and put them on your list to call when having problems. They're generally disgruntled employees who didn't like how the company treated their customers. They continue to take classes and are up on the latest technology.

As for Joe300i, there are statistics showing there are problem units out there, but there are f-a-r more problem customers running around with their own problems and they just know when to cut the strings.