• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poor way to end an email?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I just received an email from a supplier who has been working for six weeks on a special substrate. I expect it to take two days in shipping, and on top of that, I need to complete and deliver the project late next week for a special dedication.

Here's the ending sentence of his email I received this morning:

"I fully expect it to be completed this week if nothing bad happens"

...Not exactly the most comforting words to get this late in the game. I'm already working on Plan "B".

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just had a similar one last week, into this week.

I ordered some 'Windmaster' stands from my supplier. Was told I was a two-day ship. So, I specifically asked...... I'll have these by Thursday ?? My customer's Grand Opening is Saturday morning. No, she said, it won't go out until tomorrow [meaning Wednesday] and they don't count the day it gets sent out, so you'll have them Friday. Okay, that's fine. I have to have them for Saturday.

Friday comes and no truck, so I called right before lunchtime. Another girl told me they were out on the truck for delivery and I'll get them soon. Okay.

Around 3:45, I nervously called again. Still another girl answers and tells me the other girl made a mistake. They aren't on the truck for delivery, but I'll have them Monday. WHA ??????????????

I tore into her and she gave me a 30% discount. I yelled, how is that gonna help my customer's grand opening ?? She said, well, you know how it is, these things happen. Now that really p!ssed me off and I told her I wanted to talk to someone higher up and some other girl gets on and tells me, there's nothing they can do. Either reject the order when it gets here on Monday or just accept them late. One or the other. I just hung up.

Monday gets here [this past Monday] and I called at 8am. Girl says they're out for delivery and she'll check on the status of arrival. Sounded real officail.....:rolleyes: She said she'll have to call me back.

Around 1 pm she called and said, someone made a mistake. They're in Allentown [about an hour drive for us], but won't be delivered until tomorrow [Tuesday.... a week after I ordered a two-day service], so sorry for the delay, but these things happen. There we go again, getting me really p!ssed off. I told her what happened and she told me to pipe down and not yell at her as she is not at fault. I asked calmly, is it my fault for ordering from you and she said, if you had wanted guaranteed 2-day service, you should've stated so in the beginning, so yes, it is your fault.

I was never given that option. What's wrong with your head that when someone tells me I'm two-days ship and I have to have them for Saturday doesn't turn a switch on in somebody's brain to ask me about guaranteed shipping ?? Listen, I'm not going to argue with you.

How does one deal with such stoopidness ?? :frustrated: