• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pop Up Banner problem

NotADesigner

Forgive me if this is not the right section, heck I'm not even sure if this is the right forum, but I imagine someone here knows!

We did a job with several pop up banners. The customer specified the banner stands for the job, but now we're having problems with them. I'm not sure if we're doing something wrong or if we have the wrong hardware.

Here is what we used:
http://www.displayit.com/banner-stands/multi/reveal-backwall-display.aspx

The customer has had problems with a few of the banners wrinkling at the top where they go into the insert bar. I'm not sure if the banner material is too thin, too heavy, or we're not applying pressure to the top evenly when putting the top bar on?? It seems like this should not be that hard!

The material we printed on was a 13 oz blockout scrimless banner.

What's going wrong here? Would anyone recommend something different?

gabagoo

I don't know that particular banner stand, but how does the graphic adhere to the upper bar? I use the Orbus Orients and they have 2 methods but the best method seems to be loosening all the allen screws and applying the graphic directly to the aluminum bar. These units also have a sliding piece of plastic that you can use, but we never had success with that method.

NotADesigner

I don't know that particular banner stand, but how does the graphic adhere to the upper bar? I use the Orbus Orients and they have 2 methods but the best method seems to be loosening all the allen screws and applying the graphic directly to the aluminum bar. These units also have a sliding piece of plastic that you can use, but we never had success with that method.

This is just a bar that the graphic slides in and you clamp down on it (apply pressure to close it). The customer was sold on it because of the little pins that can be used to connect each banner... but it seems like that's something small that could be duplicated by a machine shop for a particular system.

NotADesigner

Thanks, I spoke with my Orbus rep and I think the Orient stands are the way we are going to go. It pains me to go back to the original emails I sent where our Orbus rep was trying to get the business, but the customer decided to go with expensive cheap stands because they linked together at the top. Would have saved a lot of headache had we gone with the Orbus equipment to begin with!