• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Portable Generator Question.

PiizzLe

I was thinking about getting this. Predator Generator

With this UPS

I don't think the noise will bother anyone we are gonna be outdoors but I don't know how loud this one really is.

My main concern with this is the weight being at least 100 lbs. Having to lift it up and down from the back of my truck.

What do you guys think?

player

You could have it on wheels and use a ramp and a portable electric winch.

The Honda generator is far better.

PiizzLe

I looked into the Honda Generators and they are way out if my budget. I agree with you for watching the reviews that they are what I'm looking for but I can't spend that much money for something I will using 4 times a year at that.

You could have it on wheels and use a ramp and a portable electric winch.

The Honda generator is far better.

DizzyMarkus

I thought the same -- now I use it for all sorts of stuff :0) Each Gen should have a decibal listing for noise, just compare them to the Hondas for reference :0) I believe Yahama is making a copy of Honda now also. Please don't buy the Harbor Freight one -- I fly alot of RC Aiplanes and Helis -- all needing to have batteries charged. I tried this route, the signal is soo eratic coming out, sensitive equipment needs a steady supply. Please do some research before buying. :thumb:

Markus

PiizzLe

I looked into renting them and it comes out to $70-$100 a day.

I can afford paying $500 for a 5000 wattage Generator but not something like a Honda that outputs the same for $2000.

TheSnowman

The Honda Whisper (I think it's called) is a sweet generator. So quiet it's unreal. I don't own one but have a friend that owns two and have used them for scenarios where we were near people, and they were quiet enough it wasn't an issue at all.