• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Porter Cable router for Gerber Sabre

netsol

Looking for a replacement for Porter Cable router that will fit our Sabre 404. Anyone know where to find it?
Choose a nice, heavy duty router & fabricate a mounting plate.
Make it easy to perform tramming

the gerber sabres do have a REALLY nice spindle. Any chance to repair/rebuild

Then you aren't giving up gerber speed control

Choose a nice, heavy duty router & fabricate a mounting plate.
Make it easy to perform tramming

the gerber sabres do have a REALLY nice spindle. Any chance to repair/rebuild

Then you aren't giving up gerber speed control
But will a new router fit into the cast clamp that holds it in place? Couldn't find Porter Cable at either Lowe's or Home Depot.

rjssigns

But will a new router fit into the cast clamp that holds it in place? Couldn't find Porter Cable at either Lowe's or Home Depot.
Do you have a spindle or router now? Two completely different animals. Like Netsol said if you have a spindle see about getting it rebuilt or replaced.

FASTSIGNS

We were unsucessful in finding any replacement porter cable motors. We had rebuilt the 2 we had over the years. Can't find any one locally to rebuild. We spoke with Geber a few months back and they were working on a fix. I don't know if that came to fruition. We sadly decided to replace her with a multicam. A true workhorse for 30 years. Our entire staff is sad about it - but the new machine hasn't yet been delivered and am sure it will be love at first site!

Z SIGNS

Porter cable stopped making that router years ago so your options are.

1) rebuild your old router(not that hard to do)
2) convert to a spindle (need to rig up a mounting for this and maybe Gerber could help)
3) buy the Bora router. It's the exact dimensions of the porter cable. No need to change anything it's an exact replacement.

we bought the Bora a year ago and so far has been working good.

Porter cable stopped making that router years ago so your options are.

1) rebuild your old router(not that hard to do)
2) convert to a spindle (need to rig up a mounting for this and maybe Gerber could help)
3) buy the Bora router. It's the exact dimensions of the porter cable. No need to change anything it's an exact replacement.

we bought the Bora a year ago and so far has been working good.
Thanks for the reply. The Gerber Tech told me about the Bora PM-6200, but noted that it's shorter that the Porter Cable so might require different collett setup so the shorter bits (like v-groove) can initialize to the table. Is that the case?

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
I refurb and retro fit Routers if needed. Even if you redo the brushes the inners will still wear down. Bora is also a close replacement option. I offer support packages and maintenance programs as well. www.jim.church